A good gaming rig also constitutes a good headset. A headset can indeed levitate the all-over gaming experience as it comes with an ergonomic design, boom microphone, spatial sound, and whatnot. No matter which game you play, clear sound and great effects are always appreciated. Today’s best gaming headphones come in different sizes, and forms which is why you need to be thoughtful about your decision. Keeping everything aside for a minute, one major confusion is if you should consider a wired gaming headset or a wireless gaming headset. So here is quick wired vs wireless headphones and which are best one for you.
Why Do You Need A Gaming Headset?
People often wonder if they really need to invest their money in a gaming headset or not. To cut the clutter, if you are an avid gamer, you will realize the significance of having the right gaming headset. For a number of good reasons, having the right gaming headset should be on your radar. So, if you still need some convincing, take a look at the benefits that these gaming headsets bring to the table.
- Comfortable Design – The design of gaming headsets is made keeping the need of a gamer in mind. One of the most important things is the design. Average gamers spend almost 2 hours of gaming and for those 2 hours, you need a lightweight and comfortable gaming headset. Other gaming headphones are not that comfortable because they are not good for longer sessions.
- Add Persona – While other non-gaming headphones look pretty lame, Gaming headphones look just stunning to the eyes. The colors, design, looks everything is built in a way that adds up to the gamer’s ambiance. You will even find elegant and gorgeous-looking white gaming headsets which are pretty hard to find.
- Easy Controls – Most gamers need quick controls for volume, mute, Surround sound on/off which is available only on a gaming headset. You will barely find studio headphones with so many controls.
- Superior Audio Quality – Another reason why you need to have a gaming headset in your gaming rig is because of the fact that they produce superior audio quality. Whether you are planning to listen to your favorite tracks, or play games, the rich audio will allow you to indulge in an immersive experience. For superior audio quality, a lot of gamers are also inclining towards the open back headphones for gaming. Yes, open-back headphones are great for gaming as well. You can read more about open-back headphones & gaming here.
- Improves Communication – A gaming headset can elevate your gaming experience and allows you to communicate with your friends in crystal clear voice chats. The dedicated boom microphone reduces the disturbances and blocks the ambient noise so you can instantly respond to your friends, creating strategies to take down your enemies. You can also go for a gaming headset without microphone as there are better microphones are available for gaming. You can easily connect a USB microphone to your PC and create high quality communication while on the battlefield. If you don’t know anything about gaming microphones, this microphone buying guide will help you out.
In a nutshell, the right gaming headset will bring a noticeable difference in the way you used to play games. These gaming headsets are intricately designed to elevate the experience of gamers.
Wired Vs Wireless Headphones for Gaming
Choosing between the wired gaming headphones vs Wireless Gaming Headphones is a difficult task. There is always an ongoing debate between them regarding who is better than each other. To reach one conclusion, there are some factors that come into play and help you make the right choice if you are planning to buy a new headphone.
- Audio-Quality – In terms of audio-quality, wired headphones take a lead over wireless headphones because wired headphones offer better audio quality than wireless headphones. Wireless headphones, on the other hand, can disrupt your experience depending upon how far your wireless device is. Also, the sound quality can degrade depending upon your environment. When we talk about wired headphones, these headphones produce rich, and high audio quality which means you can rest assured knowing that you will be able to play and listen to your favorite music in high-audio quality. You might also feel the difference in the latency of both headsets. Wired headphones are prompt while there is a microsecond delay in wireless headphones.
- Portability – Both devices whether you are talking about wired headphones or wireless headphones are portable. It simply depends upon your purpose. Let’s say if you want to buy gaming headphones and you have congested space for your desk, it is convenient to go for wireless headphones instead of wired headphones. On the other hand, if you are someone who is looking for gaming headphones and there is no issue regarding space, wired headphones are good to go. For better portability, go for Wireless headphones as wired headphones are a little annoying.
- Compatibility – A wired headphone uses a 3.5 mm cable to allow you to connect it to other devices. On the other hand, if we talk about wireless headphones, you would be able it via a 2.4Ghz USB receiver. If you don’t have a spare USB port because of other connected peripherals, you can go for wired headphones that you can connect via a 3.5mm jack. The compatibility and the connection are other major differences between these two different types of headphones. Moreover, there are some features in the headset that are only compatible with Windows PC. So if you want to get the complete experience, you need to look if the hardware and Operating Systems are compatible or not. Along with that, if you are planning to connect DAC with your headphones, simply go for wired headphones.
- Price – Wired Headphones and Wireless Headphones also differ in terms of price. Wireless Technology tends to be more expensive which is why wireless headphones are priced higher than the wired headphones. On the other hand, wired headphones are less expensive than wireless headphones. So, if you are on the budget, it makes sense to go with wired headphones. In terms of sound, you will not be disappointed with a wired gaming headset either.
For budget headphones are gaming, you better take a look at our list of best headphones:
Wired or Wireless Headset for Gaming – Which is best?
Whether you talk about wired headphones or wireless headphones, both have their equal share of pros and cons. It’s definitely hard to decide which one is the clear winner. However, depending upon your purpose, you can prioritize one over another. If you also want a clean and minimalist desk setup, that can only be achieved through wireless headphones but if you want clear, high-quality low latency audio quality, wired headphones are for you. Both types of gaming headsets are good for gaming but what fits in your budget and fulfills your need is an ideal pick for you.