Gaming Chairs are a new rage. Intricately designed with the purpose of adding comfort to gamers who mindlessly play games on their favorite gaming consoles, Gaming Chairs have become a significant accessory one should have. Not just the fact that these gaming chairs add comfort but also the fact that these gaming chairs add a layer of elegance is another reason why gamers have a strong inclination towards them. The market is flooded with a ton of options that gamers can buy. No matter what your budget is, you will be able to find a decent gaming chair to sit in comfortably for hours.
Who Needs A Gaming Chair?
Gaming Chairs are designed for gamers who indulge themselves in long and intensive gaming sessions. However, that does not mean only gamers can take advantage of these gaming chairs. Today’s best gaming chairs feature a very thoughtful design, considering every little thing about how different people sit, how they move. After considering these minute details, gaming chairs are designed.
Apart from gamers, if you are working from home and spend plenty of time with your laptops, a gaming chair will enhance your productivity and boost your confidence. In addition to that, for people who are suffering from back pain or have a mobility issue, or want additional comfort when sitting for long hours, Gaming Chairs extend great support and ensure supreme comfort.
Why Do You Need A Gaming Chair?
If you are still not convinced whether you should buy a gaming chair, mind you there are plenty of health benefits associated with a Gaming Chair. A right gaming chair can offer several health benefits which is why splurging a few bucks on a gaming chair is worth the investment. Take a look at the benefits offered by Gaming Chairs.
- Posture Support – A gaming chair comes with an ergonomic design that supports the posture of the body while sitting for a long duration of time. The users can easily configure the gaming chair according to their convenience. If your posture is correct, it will improve your circulation system. Today’s best gaming chairs come with extra cushioning to extend support to your back. Not only it offers extra comfort to you but is also essential when you spend hours working or gaming. If you don’t have a seat that is cushioned properly, it can make you prone to back problems and uncomfortable sitting. This Reddit thread is a must-read for gamers.
- Easy Mobility – Gaming Chairs are designed in a way that makes it easy for gamers to move the chair. Gaming chairs can be swiveled at 360 degrees which makes it helpful for the person sitting on them to communicate with others. The back of the seat can be reclined easily, the height of the chairs can be adjusted easily, tweak the armrests. Gaming chairs also feature smooth roller-wheels that allow gamers to move chairs from one place to another.
- More Comfortable Than Ordinary Chairs – Gaming Chairs are more comfortable than ordinary chairs. Gaming chairs allow gamers to adjust the position according to their convenience. Let’s say if you want to take a nap or relax, the back of the seat can be easily adjusted so you can find your optimum position. On the other hand, ordinary chairs don’t allow for such adjustments. Apart from that, there are armrests to provide support to your arms, footrest to add more to your comfort.
Things To Consider Before Buying A New Gaming Chair
No matter what you are doing, your gaming chair will have a significant impact on your body. For that reason, you need to ensure that you are making a smart choice. So, if you are on the lookout for a new gaming monitor, there are a few things that you will have to consider before taking your pick.
- Size – The first important thing to consider while buying a new gaming chair is the size. Considering the size of the room where you are going to place it is equally important. Let’s say if the chair does not have proper width and depth, the gaming chair won’t serve its purpose. A right gaming chair should have enough width and depth to accommodate a person comfortably. You want to make sure that the chair offers plenty of room to easily accommodate you while not skimping on comfort. If you are extremely tall, muscular, and have a bulky body, you should also check if the gaming chair is suitable for your body and height or not.
- Construction – A Gaming Chair that is designed sturdily will last for years to come. And buying a gaming chair that is built sturdily, uses heavy-duty material should be on your radar because nobody wants to replace their gaming chairs frequently. A good gaming chair will be made up of steel or any other metal frame. When it comes to construction, you can’t overlook the fabric used in designing the chair. The use of high-quality Fabric will allow you to sit for prolonged hours. You will find gaming chairs designed using PU Leather, Faux Leather. Gaming chairs designed using PU leather are durable while chairs designed with Faux leather are not much durable as with heat and sweat, the faux leather loses the surface of the chair. Other than that, Faux Leather is not breathable. No matter what you are buying, make sure that the fabric is breathable and prevents you from sweating.
- Adjustments – The purpose of a gaming chair is to add comfort to your life. For that reason, there are plenty of gaming chairs that can be modified according to your needs. From the backrest to the footrest, the gamers and non-gamers can tweak the gaming chairs according to your most suited positions. Also, you will find plenty of gaming chairs whose height can be adjusted easily. So, if your friend is also going to use your gaming chair, it makes sense to buy a gaming monitor that offers easy adjustments. Today’s best gaming chairs can swivel at 360 degrees which makes it easy to communicate with others. Along with that, you should also see the reclining angle. The best you can get is 90 degrees to 180 degrees.
- Budget – At the end of the day, what matters most is the price of the chair and if your budget agrees to it. Gaming chairs come in different price levels which is why you should always consider the price. However, we will always advise you to prepare a list of the features that you want and eliminate the features that are not essential for you. This will help you in making a smart choice and you can always check if the price of the chairs is worth the investment or not. The bottom line is that always look for a chair that is within your budget and comes with features that you are likely to use.
- Lumbar Support – This is one of the most important thing you should consider before you buy a new gaming chair. Gaming mostly involves long hours and we usually lost the track of time. Sitting for long hours without any lumbar support can harm the spine and whole back. To support that, make sure your new gaming chair has adjustable lumbar support. There are some gaming chairs with massage lumbar that you can connect to any USB port. Those massager lumbar are not what you are expecting but it is still better than nothing. So, before you buy a gaming chair, keep Lumbar support in mind.
There are a lot of gaming chairs available in the market but not all worth it. Before you pick any gaming chair for your gaming setup, make sure it has the above-mentioned things. A good gaming chair consists, great material, comfortable foam, lumbar support, adjustable armrest, reclining angle up to 180 degrees. Other than that, there are some technical aspects like the lift used for height adjustment, type of leather used that you cannot afford to overlook. If you want a fancy gaming chair, you can go for a gaming chair with speakers. Yes, you read that right, there are gaming chairs that come with speakers. You will also find a pink gaming chair that is preferred by a lot of gamers.
Hope this gaming chair buying guide helped you in finding the best gaming chair for your gaming setup.