Gaming Headphones are an integral part of your gaming rig. A lot of consideration goes into them before you spend your hard-earned money on them. There is no shortage of gaming headphones up for grabs in the market, but you should be aware of which one to go with. Among other things, making yourself familiar with Open-back headphones is a good idea to make a smart purchase. There is a never-ending debate going on between Open-Back Headphones and Closed Headphones and which one is right for you. Here, we are, to provide answers to your questions and whether you should be buying Open-Back Headphones or not.
Check out our lists for best gaming headsets:
- Best Gaming Headphones with the best Mic
- 10 Best White Gaming Headphones
- Best Gaming Headphones under 100
- Best Gaming Headphones under 50
What Are Open-Back Headphones?
Open-Back Headphones are designed in a way that lets air pass-through earcups to reach the speaker element. This resists building up pressure and prevents building up echoes in your headphones. Since the air can escape and reaches the speaker element, it, most certainly, impacts the listening experience. The sound feels more natural and clear.
Apart from that, you will be able to hear everything that’s going around your world, not to mention the fact, those people around you will be able to listen to the song that’s playing inside your headphones since Open-Back Headphones fail to block outside noise efficiently. So, Open-Back Headphones might work great if you are careful of your surroundings and do not want the sound to leak outside through earcups.
Advantage of Open-Back Headphones
There are a number of reasons that audiophile goes with Open-Back Headphones. Open-Back Headphones provides a number of benefits to them, including:
- Better Sound Quality – Open-Back Headphones have a reputation for providing best sound quality. The reason is that these devices are well-ventilated and let the air pass through the earcups; the sound offered is quite clear and natural.
- Light On Ears – Open-Back headphones are designed in a way that goes light on ears preventing them from getting sweaty. Your ears will be able to feel the fresh breeze, and using them will be comfortable for long gaming sessions or music sessions. Even if you wear them for hours and hours, these devices resist building up heat and adds more to your comfort. Thanks to the ventilation process, the air reaches your ears as well. So, Open-Back Headphones are quite comfortable for those who spend most of their time listening to music or playing games.
- Weight – Another impressive thing about Open-Back Headphones is that these devices weigh less than their counterparts. These devices are designed using less material that makes them ultra-light and for that reason, they can be worn for prolonged use. Anyone who is having issues with the weight of headphones can go with such devices.
Apart from that, there is another type of headphone as well. We are referring to Closed-Headphones. This type of headphones have seal in the back, and their functioning is quite contradictory with Open-Back Headphones. They don’t pick up the outside noise, which means you won’t be able to hear what’s happening outside. Closed Headphones are generally recommended for traveling or for use in public places. Besides that, if you are looking for a headphone that will serve the purpose of mixing audio, you can’t go wrong with Closed-Headphones.
Should you Buy Open-Back Headphones For Gaming?
Open-Back Headphones are the best choice you can consider to go with. These devices will provide you exposure with the natural, clear, and crisp sound. The flow of air is the main reason that you get to encounter a surreal experience. Not just the fact that the airflow provides a fantastic sound quality but also that the flow of air is the primary reason that the device offers every bit of comfort, whether you are playing games or listening to music for long hours. These devices protect your ears from being soaked in sweat by resisting the build-up of heat and pressure.
Open-Back Headphones are the choice for music artists, sound professionals because these devices are capable of delivering accurate sound that is needed in their respective fields.
However, there are times when you will have to consider your purpose of buying a new headphone. Well, if you wish to take your gaming setup with headphones in public places, you won’t want to purchase Open-Back Headphones because they have the property of leaking the sound outside, which means anybody can hear what you are up to. In that case, it is better if you go with Closed-Headphones that will also block outside distractions, and you will have your world of gaming and listening.
Well, on the other hand, if you want a headphone to listen to music or playing games at home without compromising with the sound quality, our recommendation to you is to go with Open-Back Headphones since we have already explained how these devices offer better and natural sound quality. Besides this, Open-Back Headphones are quite affordable, and you don’t have to spend enough to grab them and experience a total delight.
At last, everything comes to preference. If you are still unsure of what to buy, try someone’s headphones and compare the performance, comfort, and everything else. Go with the one that feels natural to use and offer unrelenting support for prolonged use.
Also Check out our recommendations for Best Gaming Monitors:
- Best Gaming Monitor for PS5
- Best Gaming Monitor for Xbox Series X
- Best 1440p Gaming Monitor
- Best Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
- Best 240hz Gaming Monitors
- Best Curved Gaming Monitors
- Best 144hz Gaming Monitor
- Best 27 Inch Gaming Monitor
- Best 32 Inch Gaming Monitor
- Best White Gaming Monitor
If you want better gaming experience on even bigger display, here are best gaming TVs you can get:
Portable Gaming is also a real thing and if you are into gaming laptops, we have something for you as well: