Sony’s current generation PS4 Pro is a powerful device as of now. However, in no time, Sony is expanding its range of PlayStation series with PS5. So, the dilemma that is bound to persist among gamers is whether you should put their hands on PS4 Pro or wait for the arrival of PS5 to snag one. Sony PS4 Pro has delivered the job right and since its release in 2016, PS4 Pro totally redefined the gaming expectations of gamers. Undoubtedly, with the hype surrounding the PS5, gamers have amassed great expectations from Sony and only time will tell whether the PS5 will be able to live up to its hype or be a disappointment. To give you an idea of what Sony is stacking up in its latest PS5, we have done a side by side comparison with PS4 Pro so you could figure out the difference on your own and know what’s best for you.
PS5 Vs PS4 Pro: A Close Comparison
At first glance, you will find a noticeable difference between these two. Take a look at the difference between them in various aspects.
- PS4 Pro Vs PS5 Specifications – The first thing that separates these two is the different specifications present in these two devices. PS5 will be a powerful and beefy gaming console than its counterpart i.e PS4 Pro. The 825 GB storage memory is going to be a crucial factor in making the experience of the users better. Check out the specifications of PS5 alongside PS4 Pro:
|CPU||8 cores with 3.5Ghz Variable Frequency||8 Jaguar Cores with 2.1Ghz|
|GPU||36 U at 2.23Ghz, 10.28 TFLOPS||36 U at 911Mhz, 4.2 TFLOPS|
|Memory||16GB GDDR6||8GB GDDR5|
|Internal Storage||Custom 825GB SSD||1 TB HDD|
|External Storage||NVMe SSD Slot, USB HDD||2.5 inch HDD, USB HDD|
|Optical Drive||Ultra HD Blu-Ray||Blu-Ray|
|Video Output||4K at 120hz, 8K||4K at 60hz|
|Weight||10.53 pounds||7.3 pounds|
2. PS5 vs PS4 Pro Design – Sony has derailed itself from using the same approach in designing PS5 gaming consoles. This gaming console is going to be big in size and weight heavier than PS4 Pro. The weight of PS4 Pro was 7.3 pounds while the weight of PS5 is going to be around 10.53 pounds. Sony has revamped the design of PS5 because of the new cooling specifications that make it easy to handle high-end gaming. While PS4 Pro usually struggles with playing high-end gaming.
See Also: Best White Gaming Headset
3. PS5 VS PS4 Pro Resolution – The launch of PS5 will be Sony’s attempt to make gaming better in terms of resolution. Sony’s PS5 will support 4K at 120hz which will bring high-quality visuals and making gaming more fun. Well, PS5 will also support 8K Resolution however, it will take years for this technology to come into the mainstream. Sony’s inclusion of 4K at 120hz in its PS5 will also eliminate the screen tearing and stutter images and will deliver you a lifetime of experience.
When you compare it to the PS4 Pro, this gaming console supports 4K Resolution but it fails to handle the frame rates and often results in screen-tearing. To give you the best 4K gaming experience, make sure you invest in a good 4K gaming monitor for PS4 Pro. Here are some of the best 4K Gaming Monitor for PS4 Pro.
The inclusion of HDMI Port 2.1 is worth mentioning here. HDMI Port 2.1 is going to be a standard port in the later time and the inclusion of it now in PS5 will give Sony an edge. The 8K Resolution and HDMI 2.1 port will be ubiquitous.
4. PS4 Pro vs PS5 Storage – The most noticeable difference between these two gaming consoles is the storage space. Sony’s new gaming console PS5 will feature an 825GB SSD while PS4 Pro comes with 1TB HDD. Sony might have shrunk the storage space in PS5 but it’s for the best. The lack of 175GB space will compensate in terms of performance. The benefits of having an SSD can’t be overlooked. PS5’s memory can be expanded by including M2 SSDs as well. The benefit of having SSD is not limited to PS5 games but also to PS4 games. You will find significant improvement in performance when you play PS4 games that are compatible with PS5 gaming consoles. PS5’s SSD is one of the shining factors that creates a vast difference between PS4 And PS5 in terms of performance and everything else.
See Also: Best Portable Gaming Monitors
5. PS5 Vs PS4 Pro Games – The launch of Sony’s new gaming console – PS5 will present you with an opportunity to play a variety of gaming. While PS4 Pro offers an amazing collection of games across multiple categories but PS5 will further expand this collection of gaming. There are expected to be some games that will be exclusive for PS5 users.
Some of the games that are confirmed for PS 5 include Gothic, Outriders, Battlefield 6, The pathless, NBA 2K21 and to name a few more:
- Astro’s Playroom
- Bugsnax (timed exclusive)
- GhostWire: Tokyo (timed)
- Oddworld: Soulstorm (timed; also on PS4)
- Destruction AllStars
- Demon’s Souls
- Project Athia (working title)
- Gran Turismo 7
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
In short, you will get to play a bunch of exciting games to enjoy on PS5. The PS5 will continue expanding its collection. Apart from that, over 4000 plus titles from PS4 Pro will be compatible with PS5. So, there is no dearth of gaming titles compatible with PS5. Check out more about PS5 Games.
5. PS4 Pro Vs PS5 Price Comparison – So, if you have been feeling on the fence, unable to decide whether you should upgrade to PS5 or get hold of PS4 Pro, Price will help you answer this question. The price of PS5 is still in question and Sony has not confirmed the price of its new gaming console. However, the rumors are that the gaming console will be priced at $499. The price of the PS5 is $100 more than the launch price of PS4 Pro. Let Sony first confirm the price of PS5 and then you should figure out whether you are willing to spend extra bucks or not. The arrival of PS5 is expected to be in late 2020 and in no time, Sony will confirm the details of everything and put an end to rumors.