Do you remember the time when you last cleaned your gaming laptop? The most obvious answer would be “No”. Well, to keep your gaming laptop working and in a good condition, the importance of cleaning can’t be overlooked. The dust particles get accumulated on the screen and keyboard which usually remains unnoticed. When it enters the ports and fans, it can clog their functions.
Regular cleaning of your gaming laptop is essential for the smooth functioning of the laptop. On the other hand, if you don’t clean your laptop, it can take a toll on the overall performance of the laptop. For instance, the keys could get stuck while you are doing work because of the dust, and grime. Apart from that, when dust enters inside the vents, it could prevent the proper functioning of a fan, resulting in overheating. When your laptop overheats, the battery will start to drain fast.
Well, if you don’t have any idea about how to clean your gaming laptop or what things you will need, here is dedicated information about the same for you to help you clean your gaming laptop.
Things You Will Need To Clean A Gaming Laptop
Cleaning your gaming monitor means that you need to gather a bunch of items for the same. So, before you begin cleaning your monitor, make sure you gather the essentials needed to get rid of dust, and grime accumulated on the laptop. Take a look at the essentials you need to have when it comes to cleaning your gaming laptop.
- Screen Wipes – To clean your screen, it is important to have wipes. Wipes will be able to remove dust, fingerprints, and smears without impacting your screen. The wipes instantly go to work, without leaving any excess moisture. Using these wipes, you can literally clean any screen be it a smartphone, tablet, TVs, monitor, laptops, Echo Show, Nintendo Switch, portable monitors, and whatnot. There is a bunch of screens wipes up for grabs already.
- Brushes – If you use your laptop on a daily basis, it is important to keep attention to its maintenance. With the help of brushes, you can easily clean your keyboard, and other parts thanks to their flexibility. The brushes feature soft bristles that are firm to remove dirt without causing any damage. Moreover, the bristles of the brush can reach tight places where hands, wipes cannot reach. For deep cleaning, a brush is recommended.
- Vacuum Cleaner – A laptop vacuum cleaner is a must-have when you want to clean your laptop. To pick up crumbs and debris on the keyboard, a laptop vacuum cleaner is all that you will need. Using a USB Powered Vacuum cleaner is a good choice since it will suck out the dirt, and grime particles present on the keyboard. You can easily get any portable vacuum cleaner. A vacuum cleaner can also be used to suck the dust from gaming headphones.
So, these are some of the things that you need to have in your arsenal to clean your gaming laptop.
How To Clean Your Laptop?
Before you begin cleaning your laptop, make sure that you have turned your laptop off. Make sure to not apply much pressure since the parts of the laptop are fragile and delicate. You need to be a bit careful while cleaning your laptop.
1. Clean The Screen
The screen of the laptop is delicate and you need to be cautious while cleaning it. To clean the screen, you will need to have screen wipes. Gently clean the screen using screen wipes, and it will remove the dust particles present on the screen. Using wipes will make the screen clear and dry it instantly.
Don’t aggressively use the motion. Also, don’t apply pressure on the screen as it can damage the screen permanently.
2. Cleaning The Keyboard
Your keyboard also collects debris and dust particles. To clean the keyboard, vacuuming its surface will suffice. Grab your handheld laptop vacuum cleaner and move it along the surface of the keyboard. In addition to that, you can use your fingers to clean the keyboard as well. Run your fingers across the keys. If you are using a dedicated gaming keyboard other than laptop’s keyboard, this is the time you can clean it using the Vacuum Cleaner.
Cleaning The Vents & Ports
If the ports and vents start to accumulate dirt, it will impact the performance of your laptop. For that reason, it becomes important to clean the vents and ports. Using a handheld vacuum cleaner will get the job done and remove the piled-up dust particles inside the ports. Use a brush to reach remote areas in the laptops like ports, speaker grill, the space between screen hinges.
If you think there is hard dust around the vents and fan, you can even open the back of your laptop but don’t do it if you are not confident enough. Reach out to experts around you and ask them to clean the dust over the fan.
Don’ts While Cleaning Laptop
Gaming Laptops are fragile and you can easily damage the component if didn’t handle it with care. Here are the things you have to keep in mind while cleaning a gaming laptop:
Do Not Do these things while cleaning gaming laptop:
- Do not use any sharp on screen. It will lead to scratches and damage to the display.
- Do not use a full-size, regular vacuum cleaner for cleaning the keyboard.
- Do not use cleaning sprays on Keyboard.
- Don’t turn on the laptop right after cleaning it. Make sure it is completely dry.
- Don’t use water directly for cleaning the laptop screen, keyboard.
Clean Your Gaming Laptop: Conclusion
To ensure the smooth functioning and performance of your laptop, it is vital to keep it clean frequently. There are a few things that you would need to eliminate dust particles and keep it tidy. While cleaning your laptop, you just prepare it to get cleaned. For instance, you need to be careful to turn your laptop off, in case, if you accidentally press a keystroke, it will execute the command you don’t want it to perform. Also, cleaning the screen will need gentle force. Make sure to be careful about it.
Check out more below: