Gaming monitors have become an inevitable need for gamers today. For an immersive and seamless experience, one needs to have the right display. The hardware manufacturers have started to realize this thing and today, the market is brimming with plenty of options up for grabs. Having a gaming monitor with an incredible display quality certainly adds more to the fun and the life-like images give you an edge over the rivals. However, finding the right monitor is not a simple task.
Update: PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X is out now and if you are looking for the monitors for PS5, don’t forget our recommendations for the best gaming monitor/tv for PS5:
- Best Monitors for PS5
- Best 4K TV for PS5
- Best Gaming Monitor for Xbox Series X
- Best TV for Xbox Series X
You can’t just go out and randomly pull out one monitor from the shelves. For that reason, we have stepped ahead with our buying process to find the best gaming monitor for your PS4 Pro. So, if you have already made up your mind to replace it with a new gaming monitor, it’s time that you read our buying guide. If you are planning for PS5, here is everything you need to know before you pick a gaming monitor for PS5.
See Also- PS5 vs PS4 Pro: Which is Best?
How To Find The Best Gaming Monitor For PS4 Pro – Buyers Guide 2020
Gaming Monitors, like any other things, are going under massive tweaks. Features, specifications, technology keep on changing every now and then. Until you don’t know what your requirements are or what features you are looking for, it is really going to be hard for you to place your hands on the right gaming monitor for PS4 Pro. Here’s the list of things that you need to consider before you buy a new one:
Here are best Gaming Monitor for PS4 Pro you can buy in 2020.
- Design – The design and the aesthetics of a gaming monitor will matter a lot. These gaming monitors for PS4 Pro come in different shapes and styles. You can choose to have a gaming monitor with a flat-design or a curved-shaped monitor that will offer you great viewing angles. Check out our recommendation list of best Curved Gaming monitors.
Besides this, it is always a good idea to go with a gaming monitor that comes with an adjustable stand so you can tilt and swivel it in any direction according to your convenience. Apart from the ergonomic design, a gaming monitor should be able to elevate your workspace. Having a gaming monitor with a bezel-less design is the key to revamp your workspace. In a nutshell, go for a gaming monitor that piques your attention and comes with these ergonomic features.
- Screen Size – The sole purpose behind having a gaming monitor is to enrich your experience and open a new world of entertainment. For an immersive and enriching experience, you will need a gaming monitor with a bigger screen. So, if you have an entire room, 27 inches of the display screen will be worth the space. Apart from that, if you are keeping it on your work desk, having a 24 inches display screen will offer you a seamless experience. So, while buying a gaming monitor for PS4 Pro, make sure to consider the screen size by knowing where you will be putting the monitor. Always go for a bigger screen if you have plenty of space. For the big screen size, you can also go for a TV instead of a monitor. Check out the best TV for Gaming on PS4, PS5 & Xbox.
- Resolution – While buying a gaming monitor, gamers should prioritize the resolution of gaming monitors. There is no fun in playing games on such a monitor that does not produce sharp or vivid games. A gaming monitor will only serve its purpose if it can produce crisp and enriching visuals where the graphics are lifelike and brings out the hidden details on the screen. The world of gaming monitors features a different resolution. You can choose from HD Resolution, UHD Resolution, QHD, and 4K.
- The 4K HDR Gaming monitors will totally drive you go-gaga over the visuals they are capable of producing. However, they are absurdly priced and out of the league for budget-conscious gamers. Well, a gaming monitor with HD Resolution will suffice to offer you unprecedented gaming experience. The good news is, PS4 Pro supports 4K output and if you want, you can definitely get a 60hz 4K HDR gaming monitor for PS4 Pro.
- Refresh Rate – Another thing that’s going to determine whether the gaming monitor is worth buying or not is the Refresh Rate. The refresh rate of gaming monitors is measured in Hertz. Well, if you are specifically looking for a gaming monitor for PS4 Pro, you will need a gaming monitor that packs 60Hz Refresh Rate. For those who are familiar with what Refresh Rate is, A refresh rate is a time taken by the monitor (in seconds) to produce the entire image. However, having a gaming monitor with 144 Hz is a new rage. When you combine it with the slower response time, you are going to experience a lag-free gaming session and amazing visuals. Ensure that the refresh rate won’t serve its purpose until your GPU is powerful enough to run those games at such frame rates. For PS4 Pro, you don’t need a gaming monitor with 240hz or 144hz refresh rate as it only supports 60hz of output. Know more about the refresh rate.
- Panel Technology – Today’s gaming monitor features two distinctive panel technologies i.e IPS Panel (In-Plane Switching Panel) and TN Panel (Twisted Nematic). The key difference between these two panels is the visual quality they produce. Among gamers, TN Panel technology is most popular since it is quite affordable and features fast pixel response and refresh rate. On the other hand, TN Panel is prone to color shifting and does not produce accurate colors and can be discomforting from certain angles. IPS Panel technology offers great visuals by producing vibrant, accurate colors and offers comfortable viewing angles.
- G-sync or FreeSync Monitor – If you are looking for a Gaming Monitor specifically and only for playing games on PS4 Pro, you don’t need to think about G-Sync or FreeSync as PS4 Pro doesn’t support either of them. But if you want a gaming monitor for PS4 Pro as well as for PC gaming, you should definitely look into this aspect of a gaming monitor. Gaming monitors are either compatible with Nvidia’s G-sync technology or AMD’s Freesync technology. However, the sole purpose of incorporating these technologies in gaming monitors is to reduce the screen-tearing to offer you a stutter-free experience. G-sync relies on DisplayPort to work while Free-sync can work with HDMI as well as DisplayPort. However, while the performance of both is comparable, G-sync costs more than Free-Sync. So, depending upon what your budget is and how much you are willing to splurge you can take your pick.
- Connectivity & Ports: This is another important aspect while you are looking to buy a gaming monitor for PS4 Pro. A 60hz Gaming Monitor for PS4 Pro require HDMI port for connecting. If you want to connect 2 devices (PS4 Pro & PC) make sure monitor has dual HDMI ports. Always give preference to HDMI 2.0 instead of HDMI 1.4 as it HDMI 2.0 is better than HDMI 1.4 and capable of transferring up to 18Gbps while HDMI 1.4 can transfer upto 10Gbps.
Which is Best Gaming Monitor For PS4 Pro: Conclusion
We hope that our buying guide to finding the best gaming monitor for PS4 Pro will definitely prove to be meaningful. For an immersive experience, you will need to have a gaming monitor in your workspace and we have listed down every key consideration you need to prioritize while hunting for a gaming monitor for PS4 Pro. Besides, you can look for gaming monitors that come with eye-protection features such as Blue Light filter technology, connectivity options. Keep everything in mind to make a smart purchase.
Below are our lists of best gaming monitors that you can consider buying in 2020:
- Best Gaming Monitor for Xbox One X
- Best Gaming Monitor for PS4 Pro
- Best Gaming Monitor under $300
- Best Gaming Monitor under $200
- Best Gaming Monitor for Xbox Series X
- Best 1440p Gaming Monitors
- Best 144hz Gaming Monitor
- Best 27 Inch Gaming Monitor
- Best 32 Inch Gaming Monitor
- Best Ultrawide Gaming Monitors
- Best White Gaming Monitor
Check out our lists other Gaming Peripherals: