Are you constantly trying to learn and love playing with the latest technologies? Do you consider yourself a scientist at-heart with the desire to constantly evolve? As a startup gaming company, we are focused on new and emerging technologies. Our team members not only think outside the box, but LIVE in that unknown space! We offer a fun, flexible work environment where hard work is rewarded. We are always looking for creative, dedicated and hard-working team members to help us build our growing company. If you think you’d be a great fit, feel free to send your resume to [email protected]
Our employees are eligible for:
X2 Games is looking for a talented Game Developer to develop gameplay systems for online video games-some in the traditional space and others in the newest emerging technologies and platforms, such as Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. This individual will be an experienced developer with a passion for games and a desire to build the best software and online services possible.
• 2+ years of experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience with Web UI design principles, patterns, and best practices including automated unit testing and integration testing
• 2+ years of experience designing and writing responsive web applications
• 2+ years of experience using GIT or other source control tools
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience
• Preferred Qualifications
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to contribute to new features
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
• Collaborate with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to gameplay requirements.
• Architect and code sophisticated client/server gameplay systems. Responsible for end-to-end implementation from server-side logic through to client interface.
• Architect and code high performance synchronous multiplayer gameplay systems.
• Implement software systems with attention to security, reliability, scalability, maintainability and performance.
• Innovate and iterate on process, systems and technology to deliver a world-class gaming experience.
• Be a team-player; Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles; generate and implement solutions in collaboration with team.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!
X2 Games is looking for a talented Creative Game Designer to work in a fast-paced environment who is passionate about creating great games with like-minded teammates. You will be responsible for designing creative features that could change the gaming industry. As the primary creative gaming force on the team, you will champion your ideas and designs. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in creative game design, innate ability to communicate complex ideas in simple to understand ways, extensive knowledge of traditional platforms and interest in new technologies, including AI, VR and AR. You can collaborate effectively with a team of developers to implement your creative designs and are familiar with using telemetry to validate and improve your designs.
• 3+ years of game design experience
• Designed and developed major game systems for at least one shipped title
• Demonstrable content creation skills
• Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment
• Creatively, analytically and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle
• Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
• Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Scripting experience is a plus.
• Design and drive the vision and implementation of features and game systems
• Collaborate with team members to deliver design specifications for player engagement and retention to team leads, work closely with UX/UI to design wireframes and paper prototypes, iterate in response to feedback
• Work with outsourced developers to ensure your features are delivered to the highest quality
• Develop ideas for gameplay and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle
• Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing
• Create and maintain design templates
• Keep team updated on game wide design changes
• Partner with other disciplines to ensure game design and player engagement targets are considered
• Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players
• Formulate requests for research and conduct competitive analysis
• Generate actionable changes from research and live data
• Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and rapidly iterate via playtesting
• Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing and tuning
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!